Thursday, May 11, 2017

Luther Allison - Live In Chicago 1999

Those of us who loved Luther were always aware that some nights he was good, some nights he was magical! Magic was most definitely in the air on these nights!

It had been a long time since I gave this a spin and already thru the first 5 tracks I have both tears in my eyes and a great big grin! LUTHER!! LUUUTHAAA!!! THIS is the guy who left you high as a kite,uncontrollably smiling and horny as hell! (fortunately your girlfriend was always similarly affected...remember dawlin'?).

Gimme Back My Wig, Baby....and let yo head go bald! Lordy, Lutha crushes it! When Things Go Wrong...I am in ecstasy! Such a badass!







8 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/57yzCx5g/file.html
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/CmmMe675/file.html

Mike said...

Been workin' on gettin' the blues... great site, great music! Thanks a bunch.

pmac said...

Really looking forward to listening to this! Thanks, KC.

simonthecat said...

Very cool that part of this comes from a show at the Zoo in Lincoln Nebraska - I was fortunate enough to see Luther play there several times back in the day...

rfp3 said...

Whoa!!! This one is so killer. Luther is a real ripper, thanks KC

Feilimid O'Broin said...

A very belated thanks for this, le Roi. When he was good, he was very, very, oh so good! I know that I wrote you that I'd be out of commission for a bit but I'd be remiss to let this pass without comment or note that the previous two reposts, O. V. Wright and Robinson, whom I discovered on my favorite of your compilations, are exceptional. With so many blogs closing for various reasons, it's reassuring to know Chitlins' is still open for business. Luther is especially appropriate this evening because my home town team just got crushed in a rerun of the Boston Massacre that made me wish that coaches could just forfeit at half-time and give the team an extended rest prior to the next game. Worse, it's pouring here on the western shore of the Chesapeake, so, yeah, the sky is crying, too. Thanks for posting Luther's music.

The Jackal said...

KC what a heart felt endorsement. I have to hear this one, have really enjoyed your introduction to Luther from previous posts.
Feilimid, you still write well, condolences on the Celtics, Isaiah was a tough loss on top of tough circumstances.

lucky5 said...

Much appreciated, KC!

Post a Comment